dimanche 25 septembre 2016

Meet The Hijabi Woman Changing The Face of Running

At 32-years-old, Rahaf Khatib has completed six marathons in countries around the world. Born in Syria and raised in the US, the mom of three recently made headlines for being the first hijabi woman to appear on the cover of Women's Running magazine.

On her blog, Run Like a Hijabi, Khatib chronicled her journey from regular runner to cover girl, explaining that she entered a Women's Running contest last year to raise visibility for Muslim women athletes. "I hope to inspire other Hijabi and stay at home moms to get out there. I hope to see major fitness retailers (Hello Nike!) represent us covered sisters in their ads and cater to our modest fitness needs," she wrote. "Wearing hijab means I'm guarding my modesty and respecting my body out of deep devotion to my Faith."

"We love everything she stands for," Women's Running editor-in-chief Jessie Sebor told BuzzFeed Health, "pushing yourself, challenging stereotypes, and motivating others along the way."

See some of Khatib's best running photos right here--she proves that girls really do run the world!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire