samedi 22 octobre 2016

Little Mix's New Song, "Shout Out to My Ex," Is Dripping With Zayn and Gigi References

Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards ended their engagement back in August 2015, and now the world is getting a good glimpse into their split. Little Mix released their new song, "Shout Out to My Ex," this week, and besides being your new favorite jam, it's also littered with references about what exactly went wrong between her and Zayn. In a leaked excerpt from the band's upcoming book, Our World, Perrie confirmed that the former One Direction star broke up with her via text message. "It was horrible, the worst time in my life," she wrote without mentioning Zayn by name. "A four-year relationship, two-year engagement ended by a simple text message. Just like that." Zayn, who is now dating Gigi Hadid, previously shot down the rumors of the harsh breakup to The Fader magazine, saying he has "too much respect" for Perrie to "end anything over text message." While the two have different versions of what happened, one thing is clear - "Shout Out to My Ex" speaks volumes.

  • "This is a shout out to my ex / Heard he in love with some other chick / Yeah yeah, that hurt me, I'll admit / Forget that boy, I'm over it" - The first few lines of the song clearly call out Zayn for moving on with Gigi so fast. Just to refresh, Zayn and Perrie split in August 2015, and Zayn started dating Gigi just three months later.
  • "I hope she gettin' better sex / Hope she ain't fakin' it like I did, babe / Took four long years to call it quits / Forget that boy, I'm over it" - While we'll let you interpret the sex lyrics for yourself, Perrie specifically references her four-year romance with Zayn.
  • "Guess I should say thank you / For the 'hate yous' and the tattoos / Oh baby, I'm cool by the way / Ain't sure I loved you anyway" - Zayn famously got a giant tattoo of Perrie on his arm during their romance, which he recently appeared to cover up.
  • "Oh, I deleted all your pics / Then blocked your number from my phone / Yeah yeah, you took all you could get / But you ain't getting this love no more" - Both Zayn and Perrie deleted pretty much every trace of each other on their social media after their split. The band was also asked if Perrie let Zayn hear the breakup track before it was released, and they responded by saying he "didn't deserve" a warning.
  • "Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man / You made my heart break and that made me who I am / Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now, well, I / I'm all the way up, I swear you'll never bring me down" - While these lyrics are more general, Perrie has been more than fine after their split. In addition to climbing both the UK and US charts with Little Mix, she's been recently linked to actor Luke Pasqualino.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire