mardi 31 mars 2015

Anthony Mackie Talks Marvel Diversity: “It’s Very Important That Little Girls Have Representation"






-We all know about the bullshit that he said earlier this year that made everyone scratch their heads and turn against Mackie, but this past weekend he made an appearance at Emerald City Comic Con where he is way more positive than his last fiasco.

-A fan asked at his panel what kind of impact Falcon has on young viewers he replies: "It’s a huge responsibility. I do events like this because so many people become superheroes and celebrities, and they detach themselves from reality. That scares me. When I meet people, when I meet kids, that informs characters I play down the line. I tell kids, when you think something can’t happen, you think you can’t read that well, when certain people didn’t expect anything of you — I was that kid. I was the kid they wanted to put on Ritalin and kick out of school because they thought I was a bad kid.



I think it’s very important that little girls have representation. That’s why I love Scarlett Johansson so much. That’s why I’m so excited they’re introducing all these female characters into the universe. That’s important. It’s to give everybody a little bit. The funny thing about movies is, growing up, I said, ‘Man, I wanted to be Superman.’ But this past Halloween, my son said he wanted to be Captain America."


-He also goes on to talk about an experience he had with a parent whose kid wanted to be Falcon for Halloween but didn't: “‘because, y’know.’” “I’m like, ‘No, I don’t know. What, you couldn’t find a costume?’ ‘No, you’re Black.’” That is the problem. We always talk about representation, but I never understood representation until that conversation. It is important to look at the screen and see you.”

-He was also roommates with Lee Pace when they were both at Juilliard



SOURCE

'Forgive and forget' or 'never forgive, never forget'?

(Sorry mods, I put the right source in now)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire