mercredi 27 avril 2016

This is How to Look Good While Traveling, According to Gwyneth Paltrow's Stylist

She has dressed the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow, Uma Thurman and Saoirse Ronan and now Elizabeth Saltzman wants to help the rest of the world look their most fabulous at all times. The celebrity stylist knows that no matter how fashionable the girl, traveling can often be the time when we let our sense of style slip. But now she's shared tips on how to stay looking healthy and trendy like a true jet-setter.

Elizabeth named Victoria Beckham, Amal Clooney and Kendall Jenner in her top three famous travelers list with British Airways, and with such a good sense of style judgement, we want to know more about how to compete with fashion icons.


Pack light

If possible I prefer a carry-on only unless you are going for more than four days. Make your outfits versatile so you can use things more than once. Plan ahead, for instance if you pack a navy blue tuxedo as an outfit to wear in the evening, you can also use the tuxedo jacket with your jeans, white shirt and flats for the day.

Moisturize well

Travel with clean, well-moisturized skin. Everyone has their favorite products. I swear by Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and Shiseido Eye Mask. I love to freshen my face up during the flight with the Crème de La Mer Mist. I can't travel without these products!

Hydrate to the max

Water, water, water. Hydrating yourself inside as well as outside helps with jet lag and dehydration. Also, keeps hair looking glossy and your skin looking fresh.

Stretch it out

Every hour you should get up and stretch your legs and do at least 30 seconds or one minute of exercise to get your blood circulating. I always stretch my arms over my head and move my hands like I'm playing a phantom piano. Try leaning against the doorway to stretch your shoulders and to open up your chest. And for three simple options without even getting up from your seat: try a seated spinal twist; a half-forward bend; and slow neck rolls, five times in each direction.

Brush your teeth

Nothing is more welcoming than a pretty smile. I can't fly without toothpaste and a toothbrush. Keeping my mouth fresh and my teeth clean is a priority and certainly one that is appreciated when greeting people after a long flight.

Wear an up-do

I like to tie my hair up on a plane. I think it gets less static and less dirty that way, and if I twist it up into a bun I can let it out when I deplane. Magic: it's like an instant blow-dry effect.

Don't forget your Sunny Gs

Sunglasses are a great way to accessorize an outfit while traveling. It's the ultimate jet-setter accessory.

Wrap up

Scarves, everyone should have one in their bag while traveling. Great for warmth on the plane. They can be used as a blanket for your children or hoodie or neck warmer. I also love them during my trip to change up an outfit, it can be a sarong or an evening shawl.

Get with the time zone

Reset your watch and try to eat and sleep in sync with your new time zone as soon as you board. Immerse yourself in that film you've always wanted to see.

Invest in some headgear

Hats are hard to pack so choose one wisely. A fedora works in many situations, it's great for sun protection, it's great for styling and it's great if you didn't have time to style your hair before traveling.

Don the ideal bag


Bring a bag that isn't too big to carry and that doesn't unbalance your shoulders. The last thing you need is a crater-sized knot in your back. As my tote, I would choose something simple and streamlined, like the Michael Kors Collection Large Leather Tote; or opt for a little whimsy with the Tory Burch Penn Applique Canvas Tote. As for a carry-on suitcase, I love the Tumi Tegra Lite Carry-On; the Victorinox Spectra 2.0 Carry-on.

Select the right shoes

Rather than packing more shoes than are necessary for your trip it is great to travel in ones that you can use more than once. If that means you are wearing a pair of heels, just remember to take them off in flight, stretch your toes, put on your circulation socks and relax.

Wear a convenient ensemble

Every person is different, layers are easy for traveling. You can always add one when you are cold or take one off if you get too warm.

Pick the perfect coat

A great trench by Burberry Prorsum can travel the world with you. It goes over a LBD (little black dress) or blue jeans. It is extremely versatile. For instance look at Heidi Klum and Amal Clooney's airport looks.

Tone down the accessories

Wear minimal jewelry when traveling and pack statement pieces. I love jewelry, so I always have a small Smythson travel case with me where I keep my accessories.

Boost your immunity

I love vitamins and vitamin boosters, Berocca is a savior as is Bee Prepared. After a long flight anything that revitalizes is great to have on hand.

Have easy makeup at hand

For a quick touch up before landing. Lips, bronzer and concealer are all you need. Make sure you have a small bottle of your favourite fragrance too.

Get your beauty sleep

Use the time wisely. Get some rest. Use the flight as a mini-vacation. You're away from your emails! You have the luxury of not being bothered for a few solid hours so de-stress with a coloring book for adults. Write a letter to an old friend, and just take some time to think and savour this uninterrupted sojourn.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire