vendredi 31 octobre 2014

Taylor Swift: Not Lonely, Not Looking, Sick of Sexism

Taylor Swift is making headlines these days for her professional life, not her personal life.


The artist is blowing up the charts with her new album, teasing an upcoming tour and pretty much taking over all entertainment outlets around the globe.


And she's doing it all without a man by her side.






Taylor Swift covers this issue of British Cosmopolitan. Inside, she talks to the magazine about dating, sexism and a lot more.


"People will say, let me set you up with someone, and I'm just sitting there saying, ‘That's not what I'm doing. I'm not lonely; I'm not looking.'...They just don't get it," the 24-year-old tells the December issue of British Cosmopolitan.


As Swift has said before, she has two cats at home and that's all she needs right now.



"I've [learned] that just because someone is cute and wants to date you, that's not a reason to sacrifice your independence and allow everyone to say whatever they want about you," Taylor explains. "I'm not doing that anymore."


Swift's famous exes, of course, run the gamut from Harry Styles to John Mayer to Jake Gyllenhaal to Taylor Lautner.


But those relationships have also been spread out over a long period of time. And they've caused Swift to take note of how she's viewed by the world.


"My girlfriends and I talk a lot about feminism and the inequality between the way men and women are talked about. The kind of things we say are, ‘Why is it mischievous, fun and sexy if a guy has a string of lovers that he's cast aside; loved and left? Yet if a woman dates three or four people in an eight-year period she is a serial dater and it gives some 12-year-old the idea to call her a ‘slut' on the internet?'


"It's not the same for boys, it just isn't and that's a fact."


Anyone care to argue with that? We didn't think so.


Therefore, Swift will keep making music and making herself happy by just chilling with pals such as Selena Gomez and putting her love life on the back burner for awhile.


"It'd take someone really special for me to undergo the circumstances I have to go through to experience a date," she says. "I don't know how I would ever have another person in my world trying to have a relationship with me, or a family.


"The best answer I can come up with now is ‘go at it alone.' Life can be romantic without having a romance. I'm very attracted to how happy I am now."


Now there's an attitude worthy of some celebratory dancing!






What do you have to say about cheerleaders NOW, Taylor?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire