vendredi 30 mai 2014

How This Rising Theater Star Starts Her Day On A Healthy Note

1Photo: Courtesy of The New Potato.We’ve always been Broadway enthusiasts, and we're definitely musical nerds at heart. A few months back, theater star Laura Benanti pretty much stole the show as the Baroness on NBC’s The Sound of Music live. With a Tony (and many nominations) under her belt for her work in the theater world, Benanti is no doubt a musical force to be reckoned with. (Her new album, In Constant Search of the Right Kind of Attention, is available here.) Though we really wanted to duet with her, we settled for a shoot and an interview.



Describe your ideal food day.

"If calories were not a consideration it would be a egg and cheese biscuit from Jacob’s Pickles on the Upper West Side, quinoa salad and vegetable dumplings from Peacefood Café for lunch, and then Patsy’s Pizza for dinner. Oh, to live in a world where I could eat that every day!"



How do you start your day on a good note?

"I drink my nutritionist Kim Snyder’s Glowing Green Smoothie and I meditate for 20 minutes with Ziva Mind."



Can you describe your morning beauty routine?

"I don’t really have one. The other day I looked in the mirror and thought, ‘Just because I think I can get ready in 10 minutes doesn’t mean I should.’"



What catches your eye on every menu?

"Pasta."



What’s your drink?

"Right now I’m not drinking (snooze) so I drink Kombucha."



Your go-to on-set snack?

"I like avocado on gluten-free toast."



What are some pre- and post-show routines?

"I always meditate and stretch before and after."



What are your favorite places to travel to?

"I love Washington D.C. I love Northern California, and Italy. I mean…it’s Italy!"



What won’t you travel without?

"Rescue Remedy."



The best place(s) to see cabaret and live music in NYC?

"Hands down, 54Below."



What’s always in your fridge?

"Lemons. I always forget I have them and I always buy more."



What ingredient do you consider overrated?

"Black Pepper! I can’t stand it. I can’t be fooled either. I have a bloodhounds nose for pepper."



What ingredient are you convinced makes everything better?

"Butter, duh."



A go-to recipe when eating in?

"Salad. Anyone can make a salad."



What are your other favorite cities for food and where do you go in each?

"I love Hugo’s, The Jar, Messhall and Little Dom’s in Los Angeles. Everywhere else I travel is for concerts or work so I’m probably drinking a green juice (yawn) or eating in my hotel."

Read More






Like what you see? How about some more R29 goodness, right here?



8 Things To Know This AM



20 New Instagram Food Memes — Are You Guilty?



A Light, Tangy Spinach Salad That's Perfect For Summer

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire